Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Leggings!

I'm not exactly the size and shape nor age to wear leggings, but I wanted to join the Christine Johnson Facebook Sewalong on making them so purchased the very well designed pattern and used some old (very old! Malden Mills Power Dry fabric and sewed them up and after a bit of tweaking (they were much too long and wide in the thigh area but a bit too tight around my calves), I now have a pair of leggings that I can wear, at least around the house, but they are so comfy that I'm definitely going to be making more!



1 comment:

  1. Leggings are not size, shape, or age specific. It's the style, shape, and size of the leggings that matter--and your leggings look great on you. When I would see the lycra/spandex 'second skin' leggings on someone, I adopted a 'not for me' stance. Then,I decided to make my own and it made a difference in my opinion. I prefer the beefier cotton knit leggings that fit close but not skin tight. They are comfy, easy to make, wash and wear well. Why should we deny ourselves? Make more and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete