Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rayon One Seam Pants

I thought my Ponte Roma Louise Cutting One Seam Pants turned out OK until I made a pair of rayon pants from the same pattern, without taking 1" off the pattern width and I am much happier with the results, although I still have to learn how to make the bottom of the pant legs less tapered than they appear in these photos, but then this is a very old pattern, one that has since been updated. Since Louise Cutting is going to be teaching classes in our area this weekend, though, I'm hoping she can help me with the fit since I can definitely see making lots more of these pants in the  future.

This garment is also my entry in the March Make a Garment a Month challenge, rather than the Barb Callahan Damask Jacket that I originally planned to make, since I realized that my classes with Louise were before my class at the Worcester Expo with Barb, but since I have over a week to go until the Expo, and already cut and basted the Damask Jacket together, I should be done in plenty of time and have my April MAGAM entry done well ahead of time for a change!









3 comments:

  1. Great finish and best of luck with your classes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to getting Louise' opinion about my One Seam Pants this weekend but don't suppose she'll have time to evaluate the three pairs I have already made, the Ponte Romas where I took too much width off the pattern, the stretch denims that ended up being too wide, and the rayon pair pictured in my photos, but since I am happiest with these pants, aside from the tightness when I sit, those are ones I hope to get help with and I'll share whatever I learn on this site in case it helps someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look nice and fit well, Sue, great job! By the way, next time you have a photo here modeling something, smile! : )

    ReplyDelete