Thursday, January 22, 2015

My DaGMT plan for February

Since my Civil War repro blocks are my favorite of my UFO projects, I think that is going to be the one I tackle in Feb.



I first have to cut out and then piece the rest of the fabric that I got when I started that project in 2011 (amazingly enough, my most recent UFO!) but I think the quilt's setting will be determined by how many blocks I end up with since I want a new quilt for my couch and have decided that a twin sized quilt works best because I need to be fully covered in my super cold house. 

I think I will make this quilt as a quilt as you go project since I have a lot of Civil War repro fabric left from my Dear Jane block days and think it would be neat if my quilt were reversible with a different repro fabric on the back of each block. I also find it very difficult to machine quilt a large quilt on my home machine, but don't want to pay someone to do my quilting for me. First things first, though...

It was overwhelming to see all the projects that I have to work on once I started digging things out of my boxes, but as I learned back in my FlyLady days, it's best to take baby steps and focus on one thing at a time, so that's what I am going to do, and working for 20 minutes a day as part of this challenge is a great way to do that!


No comments:

Post a Comment