Tuesday, January 20, 2015

UFOs continued...

 I put a bunch of my UFO blocks up on my design wall yesterday so I (and anyone else who read my blog!) could see what I was faced with, but I will divide those photos into two posts since I'm not sure how many I can add at one time, even four may be too much.


The first set were blocks that I hand appliqued in a year long Block of the Month class (only completed four month's worth) in 1992, in addition to the tulip block which I machine appliqued in a class with Harriet Hargrave much more recently.






I'm not sure when I pieced these crazy quilt blocks but since they each have an embroidery design in the center for the various months of the year, it must have been around 2005 since I think that's when I got my embroidery machine.





I don't recall where I got the patterns for these paper pieced crystal blocks, but paper piecing hasn't been popular for all that long, so perhaps these weren't made too long ago either. I do recall them being a ton of work, though, in fact, I should photograph the back of one with its paper still attached so you can see just how many pieces each block contains.





I think I have the magazine where I got the pattern for these stained glass paper pieced blocks in the box with the rest of the fabrics for this project, so I might be able to come up with a date for them, but they also were a lot of work, as are most paper pieced projects.





I am not sure I will do much with blocks like this that won't make anything larger than a wall hanging since I already have plenty of stuff to hang on my walls, but most of these blocks are too pretty to remain stuck in boxes, so hopefully I will put them up on the wall eventually, as actual quilts rather than just blocks put on my design wall for a photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment